Winless Dallas Cowboys have a lot to worry about

Wade Phillips is losing control of the winless Dallas Cowboys
Wade Phillips is losing control of the winless Dallas Cowboys
GETTY

Comments

• ERIC PRUITT 4 years ago

I THINK GARRETT IS OVER HIS HEAD, AND I THINK HE KNOWS IT. WADE NEEDS TO GROW SOME STONES AND HOLD GARRETT ACCOUNTABLE, AND ALSO HIS OVERHYPED PLAYERS. I DONT SEE THIS HAPPENING, BUT THIS IS WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN.

Mr. Telvock, if you are indeed a professional journalist as the homepage asserts, why do you not respond to the comments that question your professional ability? Your last post about Ware's neck injury was questioned on two levels. One post questioned a factual issue: did Ware miss a game because of a neck injury, or was it just a part of the NO's game? Your use of "smalled" as a verb was also queried. Your lack of a response suggests that you are much more of a 'blogger' than a journalist. I dread the day when 'blogger' becomes synomous with 'journalist'.

Oh my, Mr. Telvock commits yet another very basic grammatical error. In the 3rd last paragraph, he writes: "Tony Romo and his offense is not exactly lighting the field on fire." Clearly the subject "Romo and his offense" is plural; hence, the verb should be "are", not "is". WHat has happened to the American education system when "writers" do not know their basic verb tenses?

Hey Telvock, Christmas is coming up, you should ask Santa for a dictionary. Your line "everyone is underachieving sans wide receiver Miles Austin" suggests you need one. "Sans" means 'without', not 'except'.

This site is not merely a blog; it claims that Mr. Telvock is a professional journalist. Remember when journalists were associated with protecting freedom of speech and condemning censorship? Remember when real journalists printed retractions when they made a factual error in a story? Apparently that has all changed; I am shocked at the recent lack of journalistic integrity of this website. They recently removed three of my comments posted about this story. First, let me explain that some comments deserve to be removed if/when they are abusive, racist, or contain profanity, but I assure you that none of the removed comments contained anything of that sort. My posts were very critical of Mr. Telvock and his abilities as a journalist. My first post queried why he did not respond to 2 questions about his previous blog about Ware’s neck injury. I stated that I did not think that “smalled” could be used as a verb. Second, I stated that the article was wrong when it said that Ware missed a game last season because of a neck injury; in fact, he missed PART of the game against NO. My second post was also about grammar. Telvock writes “Tony Romo and his offense is not exactly lighting the field on fire”. I suggested that the subject ‘Romo and his offence’ is plural, and therefore the verb should be “are”, not “is”. I also suggested that the writer buy a dictionary because he wrote “everyone is underachieving sans wide receiver Miles Austin”. The word “sans” means ‘without’ – it does not mean “except”. The funny part about Telvock’s decision to remove my posts rather than respond to them, is that his recent blog about the possibility of Phillips being fired refers to another blogger as a “knucklehead”. I did not resort to this type of name-calling, yet Telvock had my posts removed. It seems like someone can dish it out, but can’t take it.

It looks like my original comments have been returned. Now I seem like a repetitive jackass. Thank you for re-posting my comments. And my apologies for seeming redundant.

• getalife 4 years ago

Hey Anonymous guy

Get a Life instead of harassing others. Guys stalking guys might lose one's "man-card"

• bevomav 4 years ago

I keep hearing about how the Cowboys should keep running the ball. They don't run because they can't run. Garrett's offense scheme has linemen pulling nearly every run play. The problem with this is the guys in the line are too frigging slow to make the block. Faster LB's are simply running around them and getting to the ball carrier. We are having trouble getting to the line of scrimage. MOre zone blocking is what is needed not crazy formations . Power running.