Adults on bikes and tandems will be traversing the mostly flat land between Ashland, Talent and Medford. There are bike racks, plenty of water, places to picnic or meet friends, and shady spots to recharge (people in cars can enjoy these amenities too):
A sampling of wines poured:
- Syrah, tempranillo, chardonnay and viognier wines are available at the western-themed tasting room operated by 2Hawk Winery, 2335 N. Phoenix Road, Medford, 541-779-9463. Open 12:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., Tuesday through Thursday; 12:30 to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday; and 1 to 5 p.m. Sunday.
- Rhone and Bordeaux wines are at Pebblestone Cellars, 1642 Camp Baker Road, Medford, 541-512-1655. Its festive tasting room, once an inn, is open from noon to 5 p.m. Wednesday through Monday.
- Well-aged merlot is sold at StoneRiver Vineyard, 2178 Pioneer Road, Talent, 541-864-9234. The tasting room, once a fresh produce market, has a billiards table and is open from noon to 6 p.m. Wednesday through Monday.
- Bordeaux-style merlot is sold at Aurora Vines, 2275 Pioneer Road, Talent, 541-535-5287. The expansive deck of owner Vicki Nickerson's home is where tastings take place from noon to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, and by appointment.
- Cabernet sauvignon, Growers Cuvee Bordeaux blend, pinot gris, viognier and non-alcoholic unfermented Verjus are available at the hilltop tasting room of Trium Wines, 7112 Rapp Lane, Talent, 541-535-4015. Shady decks with views of the vineyard also are open 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. daily.
- Malbec, tempranillo, Vionillo and other wines are at Dana Campbell Vineyards, 1320 N. Mountain Ave, Ashland, 541-482-3798. The tasting room, with expansive views of downtown Ashland and the mountains, is open from noon to 5 p.m. Thursday through Sunday.
- Pinot noir, merlot, malbec, cabernet franc, syrah, tempranillo, syrah rosé, a Roussanne-Marsanne blend, chardonnay, pinot gris, tempranillo blanco and other wines are at Grizzly Peak Winery, 1600 E. Nevada St., Ashland, 541-482-5700. The winery, tasting room and picnic grounds are open from noon to 4 p.m. Thursday through Sunday.
- Syrah, cabernet sauvignon, cabernet franc, petite blanc and others are at Weisingers Family Winery, 3150 Siskiyou Blvd., Ashland, 541-488-5989. The chalet-style tasting room is open from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily.
Read more about wine in the Mail Tribune's Eno Outings wine column: http://www.mailtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/section?category=LIFE0702