Wine Riot Fall 2013 in Boston kicked off on Friday, and I was a happy attendant at the Saturday evening riot, at the Park Plaza Castle in Boston's Back Bay.
First of all, I attend a lot of wine events, and I think many are alike...you can either go for a more educational time, a party, or a more subdued event. Wine riot Fall 2013 pulled out all the "corks" and brought 2 out of 3 of these to social and fun event.
Ok so what was so different? Wine Riot was still a party - no difference here. It was a DJ'd music-filled room, bustling with people, and everyone having fun.
Here are some awesome new things I spotted, which added a little more to the party!
- New cool tasting areas like the "Bubbly Bar" (my fave) and the comparison booth where you could learn about what you like between "oaked and unoaked" for example. Really pretty awesome and educational at the same time.
- More vendors I haven't seen in a while or ever, like Thorny Rose who boasted a pretty tasty Sauvignon Blanc, and Sofia with her bubbly treats (the lovely Blancs de Blancs).
- Instagram Photo Prints were awesome, and what a great way to increase your Social Media-ness in a useful way. It was a win-win deal.
- Different food - like Tipsy Scoop - liquor-based alcohol caterers who were a perfect ending to my night. Still wishing I could get the Creme de Menthe ice cream to go.
Ok some favorite wines of mine, just to close this out:
- Travessia Vidal Blanc - ode to MA wine, with this easy drinking, perfect for the beach, mild white wine.
- Les Charmes "unoaked" Chardonnay - really delicious and fresh, with crisp citrus and no heavy oak.
- Diseno Malbec - always a Malbec lover, this was a hit with me. Smooth and sweet, with just the right mix of fruit and spice.
- 90+ Cellars Pinot Noir - always on my list, this wine is so perfectly blended, you just can't go wrong!
Overall, Wine Riot was a fun Sat night out, with a lot more flair and a lot more buzz than ever before! Can't wait to hit the Spring Riots! Cheers!