Willys Chicken recipe photograph by Jonathon Weber
Here is a tasty spin for baked chicken. Willys Chicken is named after a man named Willy who loved this recipe. The recipe itself is from my mother-in-law, who is a wonderful cook. This chicken is so very tasty and moist, you will love it. Chicken breast on the bone is the best option for this recipe. Meijers stores have these on sale now.
What you need:
1 package of split bone on chicken breasts
1/2 cup of bread crumbs
salt & pepper
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp garlic powder
Step by step:
- First spice the chicken with the salt, pepper and garlic.
- Beat the egg and brush the egg on the chicken breast.
- Next cover the chicken with the bread crumbs.
- Add a little more of the spices now.
- Place in oven at 375 degrees for an hour (time depends on size and thickness of chicken. always make sure chicken is fully cooked).
- Finally take out of the oven and serve with sides such as rice and black eyed peas.
To make this recipe even better, you can use crushed walnuts or pecans. You just add these to the outside of the chicken.