A thousand articles have already been written about VA-7 Republican nominee Dave Brat, the economics professor who shocked the GOP establishment on Tuesday by defeating House Majority Leader Eric Cantor. But very little has been written about his Democrat opponent in the general election, Jack Trammell.
Trammell was born in Kentucky, and is a sociology professor and author. Not much additional information is publicly available on the man. However, a Web search of his email address turned up his Amazon Wish List, and it's pretty interesting.
The Wish List contains a total of eight items:
- "Entangled Minds: Extrasensory Experiences in a Quantum Reality," a book that makes a scientific case for psychic phenomena.
- An Invicta Men's 3045 "Pro-Diver Collection" Grand Diver Automatic Watch (on sale, 80% off, with free one-day shipping!)
- A Phantom Lite Full Spectrum Camcorder. These camcorders are sold by Phantom Lite LLC, which brags on their website that their products are used by "Paranormal Investigators around the world."
- PANTHERS TO THE FRONT!: The Diary of a Panther Tank Gunner in Panzer Regiment Brandenburg (Panzergrenadier Division Brandenburg), Eastern Front February-April 1945. This book has an Amazon rank of #9,919,721 in Books and just a single (one-star) review.
- Operation Albion: The German Conquest of the Baltic Islands. This book is about the WWI battle that resulted in a victory for the German Empire.
- The War Diaries of a Panzer Soldier Erich Hager with the 17th Panzer Division on the Russian Front 1941-1945. This book is described as a "personal account" of Unteroffizier Erich Hager who served in the 39th Panzer Regiment, 17th Panzer Division. Includes "many personal photographs of comrades."
- BARBAROSSA DERAILED: THE BATTLE FOR SMOLENSK 10 JULY-10 SEPTEMBER 1941 VOLUME 1: The German Advance, The Encirclement Battle, and the First and Second Soviet Counteroffensives, 10 July-24 August 1941. This book focuses on the German Army Group Center's Second and Third Panzer Groups.
- Blood, Steel, and Myth: The II.SS-Panzer-Korps and the Road to Prochorowka. This book is described as "a revealing and unprecedented re-analysis of the II.SS-Panzer-Korps' operations during the Battle of Kursk in the summer of 1943. Unlike all previous books on the subject," we are told that this book "makes extensive use of original German source material."
To recap, fully 50% of this sociology professor's Amazon Wish List is devoted to books about Panzers in World War II. The remaining items include a camcorder to detect ghosts and a book about telepathy and psychokinesis.
But the Tea Party is full of kooks, the establishment media told me.