Remember when your parents used to make you a delicious glass of malted flavored chocolate milk? Did you get really excited when you saw a box of malted milk ball candies in the pantry? Bring those unique flavors back to your family with this mouth watering “Whoppers” cake recipe.
That doesn't sound nearly as appetizing as the malted milk products we know and love, such as Ovaltine and Whoppers candies. Old fashioned malted milkshakes are also a popular choice when your searching for that beloved malted chocolate flavor.
Whoppers Cake Recipe:
- 1- box swiss chocolate cake mix
- 1 ½- c chocolate malted milk powder
- 1- c water
- ½- c vegetable oil
- 3- eggs
- 2- 6 oz tubs whipped topping frosting (this is a new product and will be located next to the whipped topping tubs. If your store doesn't have it, a tub of whipped topping is fine)
- 1 to 2- boxes of Whoppers (malted milk ball candies)
- Preheat oven to 350* and grease a Bundt pan
- Mix together cake mix an ¾ c malted milk powder
- Add eggs, oil and water and mix until well combined (about 2 minutes with your hand mixer)
- Pour into greased pan and bake for about 35 minutes (if toothpick comes out clean, it’s ready)
- While cake is cooling completely, chop or smash the Whoppers candy (you will be sprinkling it over frosting so don’t make it too fine, you want to have some good little bits in there)
- For the frosting- put the whipped topping frosting in a medium bowl with the other ¾ c malted milk powder. Mix with hand mixer until combined.
- Once cooled, cut your cake in half and set the top portion aside.
- Frost the middle section and sprinkle generously with candy crumbs
- Place the top part of the cake back on the bottom portion and frost the top and sides.
- Sprinkle with remainder candy pieces and keep chilled until served.
- You can certainly make this in a 9x13 or 2 round cake pans. I just find that Bundt cakes can go further with smaller slices
- Play with the Whoppers candy pieces. You can decorated with them whole while using the crumbled pieces inside or beneath the frosting
- Please be advised that this cake is sinfully delicious and must be supervised or it may actually disappear from your refrigerator.
Whoppers cake seems to be a new trending dessert. It’s not yet a staple at most picnics or potlucks; therefore this can be your unique cake that everyone will request the recipe. The malted milk flavor truly brings a nostalgic aspect to this cake recipe. It’s a great treat for those who love that malted milk flavor!
Thanks for reading Raleigh Food! Click here to subscribe to this column and you’ll get an email each time a new article is published.
Do you ever wish you had the chance to write articles about things that interest you? Look into Examiner! It’s a great way to make some extra money and it’s a lot of fun. Follow this link and see if it’s right for you!