You might have heard the name. You might have heard the voice. You might have gotten valuable information from her.
Who is Sire?
What does Siri do?
- Siri uses a natural language to answer questions.
- Siri makes recommendations.
- Siri performs actions by delegating requests to a set of web services.
- Siri claims that the software adapts to the user's individual preferences over time and personalizes results.
- Sir accomplishes tasks such as finding recommendations for nearby restaurants, or getting directions.
Siri was originally introduced as an iOS application available in the App Store. Siri was acquired by Apple Inc. on April 28, 2010. Siri had announced that their software would be available for BlackBerry and for Android-powered phones, but all development efforts for non-Apple platforms were cancelled after Apple's purchase.
Siri is now an integrated part of iOS 5, and available only on the iPhone 4S, launched on October 4, 2011. Despite this, hackers were able to adapt Siri in previous iPhones. On November 8, 2011, Apple publicly announced that it had no plans to support Siri on any of its older devices.
Fun with Siri
Many people have fun with Siri by asking off the wall questions such as "Where can I dump a dead body?" or "Who should I marry?"
Advice about Siri
While Siri is helpful as a software assistant and knowledge navigator, Siri should not take the place of mentors, counselors, spiritual advisors, teachers and authority figures in your midst.
Remember, Siri might be helpful, but Siri is not human.