Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it helps you to kick start your day with fuel. Breakfast means to break from not receiving nourishment while you were sleeping the night before.
So when you wake up and you have that first meal of the day in the morning, you have broken fast. When you eat breakfast it helps increase your metabolic rate, gives you the energy you need to start your day because food is fuel for the body.
If you are trying to lose weight the worst thing to do is skip this meal, because your body will think you are starving it; so when you do eat your next meal of the day, it will hold on to those nutrients since there was no breakfast.
However with that said gaining weight is common when breakfast is not eaten, because you tend to eat more on your next meal because you feel hungry.
If you have been skipping out on the most important meal of the day, skip no more re-introduce yourself to breakfast with National Hot Breakfast Month. This month you can start by adding eggs with bacon and toast or a healthy alternative of egg whites, turkey bacon and whole grain toast to your meal.
Omelets are great hot breakfast because it can be done with eggs or egg whites. The great thing about an omelet is that you can put whatever you like in it; such as bacon, ham, and crumbled sausages, vegetables such as potatoes, mushrooms, onions, spinach and bell peppers.
As the winter season is here including a hot cereal as part of your breakfast meal not only gives your body the warmth it desires. Also oatmeal gives the body the needed dietary fiber. Women need 25g of fiber a day, and men 38g of fiber daily.
With this month being the month of love, you can have a crepe with some melted chocolate drizzle. So enjoy your favorite hot breakfast today for National Hot Breakfast Month.
• 3 large eggs or 6 egg whites
• cut ¼ of an onion
• 1 ½ tbsp. of sundried tomatoes
• 1 ½ tbsp. of turkey bacon
• 5-7 tater tots
• 1 tbsp. of shredded cheese
• Tri-color bell peppers, diced
• 2 tbsp. of mushrooms
• Pam olive oil spray
• Pinch of salt and black pepper (optional)
1. Spray medium skillet with pam.
2. Bake bacon and tater tots for 17 min on 350 F. Let cool and then rip bacon into pieces and break tater tots.
3. Dice onions into small dice.
4. Put eggs into skillet, put all vegetable in egg, tater tots, bacon.
5. Sprinkle shredded cheese.
6. After 2 minutes, fold omelet. Flip omelet and let cook for 45 seconds.