A lot of people miss the very talented Whitney Houston who died from a drug overdose in a bathtub in a hotel room last year. Recently, Whitney's brother, Michael, expressed feelings of guilt about getting his sister turned onto drugs. On Jan. 29, 2013, Radar Online reported, Whitney Houston’s Brother Admits He Got Her Into Drugs, Feels Responsible For Her Death. Whitney Houston‘s older brother, Michael, has admitted that he turned Whitney onto drugs, setting off the habit that eventually led to her death at just 48-years-old last year.
Michael, who appeared in a recent interview alongside his mother Cissy in order to promote her new memoir,"Remembering Whitney," has confessed, “I’m living … I’m not alive without her. I feel responsible for Whitney's death, I always have, I should have taken better care of her.” When discussing his mother’s account of Whitney's battle with drugs in her new book, Michael said “it’s painful” and he admitted that he feels “responsible for letting it go so far."
Independent Woman has also reported on this story, Whitney Houston’s brother reveals guilt at introducing late singer to cocaine. Whitney Houston tragically died last year, following an accidental drowning in a bathtub at a hotel. Traces of substances which included cocaine and marijuana were found in her system. Her brother, Michael, says he didn’t realize how dangerous drugs could be when Whitney started using cocaine with him many years ago. He said in an interview with Oprah Winfrey, "You gotta understand at the time...the '80s ...it was acceptable." But, Michael has also expressed feelings of responsibility for his sister's death and he has been deeply saddened that he did not work with her in a timely manner to get her off of drugs.