The Spa at Whiteface Lodge I ready to pamper pops for Father’s Day (or anytime) a selection of treatments called The Modern Man. The recently revamped spa is Lake Placid’s first-ever resort spa experience and is located at the Adirondack-style.
Dads can plotz and chill out with head to toe therapies such as:
· Deep Tissue Massage: Designed to release chronic patterns of muscular tension, the massage helps ease stress that can create painful conditions and structural misalignment. (50 or 80 minutes)
· Sports Massage: An invigorating treatment that uses light stretching and various massage techniques to improve range of motion, circulation and muscle strength. Ideal for serious athletes, it can be customized to address the muscles most utilized during the spa-goer’s sport of choice. (50 or 80 minutes)
· The Outdoorsman: This relaxing, deep-cleansing facial repairs and protects skin damaged by windburn, sun and overexposure to the elements. A blend of vitamins and antioxidants are diffused into the inner layers of the skin for a revitalized and healthier looking complexion. (50 minutes)
· Man Hands Soother: Exfoliates rough, dry skin while trimming, filing and buffing nails, this hand treatment is capped off with a light hand and arm massage. (25 minutes)
· Energizing Foot Remedy: In this revitalizing foot treatment, a muscle-soothing Epsom salt soak is followed by a nail and cuticle grooming, exfoliation, Quench masque and massage. (50 minutes)
The spa also offers a full-day package designed especially for men called The Outdoorsman, that combines the sports massage, outdoorsman facial, man hands soother and a nutrient-packed spa lunch.
Fitness enthusiasts can work out at the state-of-the-art Health and Fitness Center (personal training sessions offered), swim and hike. On treatment day men have access to their own ‘man cave’ with a locker room and lounge that’s equipped with a large flat screen TV, take a eucalyptus-infused steam bath or relax in a cedar wood sauna alone or with their pals.
The 94-suite Whiteface Lodge is located adjacent to the alpine village of Lake Placid, New York, home to two Winter Olympics games. Conceived by a former Olympian and modeled after the Adirondack Great Camp, this rustic resort was completed in 2005. To learn more or to book a treatment isit www.theWhitefaceLodge.com or call (518) 523-0560.