The administration wants to control one-sixth of the economy, but it seems to have a problem with basic spelling. A tweet issued by the White House on Thursday included a graphic saying Obamacare will give mom "piece of mind," Yahoo! News reported.
That's "piece" as in "a piece of cake," not "peace," as in "give peace a chance," Yahoo! added.
"As far as typos go, it might not be quite as precious as this 2012 'pubic affairs' spelling mistake from the University of Texas, but you can’t get much more high-profile than the White House ― and its 4.4 million Twitter followers," Yahoo! News said.
An earlier tweet contained a picture of Obama holding a sign that read, “Nobody should go broke just because they get sick.”
Conservatives had fun with that tweet, Yahoo! said, resulting in what Eric Pfeiffer called "at least one golden Internet meme," with a number of people changing Obama's sign.
One picture, for example, shows Obama holding a sign that says, "I'm going to heal this nation even if it kills you."
Another shows Obama holding a picture of himself sitting with Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt at the memorial service for Nelson Mandela.
As of this writing, the tweet still exists on the White House Twitter feed, and the White House still has not addressed the misspelled graphic.
A slideshow with some of the pictures can be seen here.
- Obama's health care plan promise named Politifact's 2013 'Lie of the Year'
- MSNBC: Criticizing Obama's 'selfie' at Mandela ceremony racist, sexist
- Goodbye free speech: California county censors worker for criticizing Obamacare
- 'Darn tooting!' Obama lied about abortion coverage in Obamacare
- Obama lies about healthcare lie at OFA gathering
- Dr. Ben Carson compares Obamacare to American slavery, Soviet Communism
- Report: Obamacare provision will allow 'forced' home inspections by gov't agents
- Michele Bachmann: Obamacare 'crown jewel of socialism'
- John Conyers: Obamacare "platform" to socialized health care
- Mark Levin warns: Obama preparing country for coup against Constitution
- Obamacare board game shows no one but IRS wins with health care law
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Newsbusters, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.