"Gun Free Zones are supposed to protect our children, and some politicians wish to strip us of our right to keep and bear arms," the petition says. "Those same politicians and their families are currently under the protection of armed Secret Service agents. If Gun Free Zones are sufficient protection for our children, then Gun Free Zones should be good enough for politicians."
As of this writing, the petition has over 31,000 signatures. Unfortunately, the White House recently increased the threshold for action from 25,000 to 100,000 signatures.
Since the Sandy Hook shooting, the concept of gun-free zones has come under fire. For critics, the designations amount to little more than a magnet for criminals with guns. The signs announcing gun-free zones, for them, are nothing more than an invitation to armed criminals.
An article at WND said that many in the so-called "mainstream media" endorse the concept of a gun-free zone, but apparently would not apply that designation to their own home, as demonstrated by a recent video put together by James O'Keefe.
"O’Keefe’s crew asked journalists working for CNN, MSNBC and others whether they would put a sign in their lawn that says 'Citizens Against Senseless Violence. THIS HOME IS PROUDLY GUN FREE!'" WND reported.
But none of the journalists accepted the sign.
Worse yet, O'Keefe said that many of the journalists they spoke to "had armed guards."
“We also showed up at Eric Holder’s house,” O’Keefe said. “Authorities came to protect him."
An article at The Inquisitr said the petition makes "an interesting political point," even if it doesn't reach the new threshold of 100,000 signatures.
- Oregon state senator calls for gun registration, laughs about shooting victim
- Piers Morgan schooled on need to have AR-15 by 22-year-old woman
- Homeland Security seeking to purchase 7,000 'assault rifles'
- Rahm Emmanuel to major banks: Stop serving gun manufacturers
- Americans blame bad parenting, Hollywood for mass shootings over guns
- CNN's Piers Morgan admits gun bans will not stop mass shootings
- Communist Party USA backs Obama gun grab, calls Second Amendment obsolete
- Bank of America to gun maker: 'We believe you should not be selling' on Internet
- Philadelphia fifth-grader searched, threatened, called a murderer over paper gun
- NY Democrat begs Republican to keep gun confiscation proposal from public
- Sen. Dianne Feinstein admits: Goal of gun ban is to 'dry up' supply of weapons (Video)
- Six-year-old suspended from school for making finger gun, saying 'pow'
- Five-year-old named terrorist threat, suspended after threat to shoot bubbles
- Thousands gather across nation to celebrate 'Gun Appreciation Day'
- Obama uses videos of children begging for gun control in campaign against NRA
- NRA more popular than President Obama, media silent
- MSNBC's Martin Bashir compares NRA to Hitler
- Liberal propaganda: Chris Matthews calls pro-gun conservatives segregationists
- Marco Rubio: Obama doesn’t have the guts to admit he’s anti-Second Amendment
- Obama declares war on NRA, CBS obeys, compares group to Nazis
- Liberals, media engage in propaganda to demonize law-abiding gun owners
- Ben Shapiro: Piers Morgan a bully standing on the graves of Sandy Hook children
- Petition demands FBI investigate Piers Morgan, CNN, for call to ‘pop’ Alex Jones
If you like this article, you can follow Joe on Twitter @jnewby1956, visit and like his Facebook page, or subscribe to receive email updates when a new article is published.