"Game day," the tweet said.
"Thank you for this picture," one person said.
A number of Twitter users weren't impressed with the administration centering another significant event around the president.
"Right on schedule, the White House releases a propaganda photo of Obama for the Super Bowl," one person said.
"Good effort, but we've seen this one before. Time for a new football pic, POTUS," another person said.
A post at Twitchy said the picture may be old, but "the mockery never, ever gets old."
Another person took issue with Obama's throwing stance.
"Who throws like that?" asked Twitter user Mike Mulraney.
"He looks ridiculous," Mulraney added in another tweet. "Desperate to relate."
Last February, Twitchy reported Obama tweeted a picture of himself with a football on Super Bowl Sunday. That tweet also read: "Game day."
A post at the conservative blog Weasel Zippers called Obama a "narcissist" and a "hypocrite," observing that the president recently trashed the sport, saying if he had a son. he would never let him play the game.
“I would not let my son play pro football,” Obama told the New Yorker in January.
He also compared football to smoking.
“At this point, there’s a little bit of caveat emptor," he said. "These guys, they know what they’re doing. They know what they’re buying into. It is no longer a secret. It’s sort of the feeling I have about smokers, you know?”
Last year, Breitbart said, Obama promised that "change" was coming to the NFL in an effort to reduce violence in the game.
- Obama marks anniversary of Pearl Harbor attack with picture of himself
- White House marks death of Nelson Mandela with picture of Obama
- Obama marks Rosa Parks anniversary with picture of himself for second year
- Obama marks Rosa Parks anniversary with picture of himself
- Obama vandalizes White House presidential biographies to insert himself
- Poster at DNC convention calls Barack Obama 'prophesy fulfilled'
- The case against re-electing Barack Hussein Obama, part 3: The cult of Barack Obama
- White House web site politicizes Mother's Day with card from Obamacare
- Conservatives express disgust after Obama calls himself eye candy on 'The View'
For hard-hitting conservative commentary, please visit Joe's blog, the Conservative Firing Line. You can also find Joe's articles at Right News Now, Tea Party Tribune, Newsbusters, Liberty Unyielding and PolitiCollision.