When he used to play for the Cleveland Cavaliers, I think LeBron and his family lived in the Akron home exclusively from the time he bought and renovated it in 2003. When LeBron started playing for the Miami Heat in 2010, he also bought a ridiculously nice house in the exclusive Coconut Grove section of Miami.
I think LeBron and his family now live in the Miami home during the NBA season, and then live in the Akron home in the summer, when the NBA is off.
Which house is nicer? Here's a list of all the particulars and amenities from both houses. Look over the list, and the accompanying links to photos of both houses, and see which one you prefer.
Which LeBron James house is nicer, Akron or Miami?
LeBron James Akron home
- $2.1 million purchase price (2003 before renovations, estimated value of $9.2 million today)
- 30,000 square feet
- six bedrooms
- 11 bathrooms (eight full bathrooms and six half bathrooms)
- recording studio
- bowling alley (two-lanes)
- home theater
- sports bar
- full outdoor basketball court
- huge outdoor pool
- awesome hot tub (see LeBron chilling in hot tub here)
- natural sculpted garden maze
LeBron James Miami home
- $9 million purchase price (2010)
- 10,000 square feet
- eight bedrooms
- six bathrooms
- terrace overlooking bay (house is right on the bay)
- wine cellar
- guest house
- home theater
- infinity pool (water pours over the edge looking out to bay)
- dock for two 60-foot yachts
Which house sounds nicer to you? The Akron house is definitely larger and has more amenities, but the Miami house is right on the bay. Trying to decide which LeBron James house is nicer is like trying to decide which Playboy Playmate you prefer. It really comes down to personal tastes.
The fact that LeBron and his family can actually live in both houses is pretty awesome. Especially considering the weather. They live in Miami mainly in the colder months of the year, and then move to Akron for the summer. That's got to be pretty sweet.