There are several great travel websites to help you find low-fare flights for you nest vacation or business trip. One service has been flying under the radar but is worth noting. It is Flight Search from Google.
What sets flight search apart from others is that it searches the airline websites meaning it will show you the best prices for your destination on all airlines. This differs from the more traditional travel sites because they only show the airlines they can contractually sell tickets for.
As can be expected from the internet technology leader, Google has some great features not found elsewhere. For example, let’s say you have a long weekend and you want to travel, but you are not sure where you would like to go. On the landing page of Flight Search you will find suggested bargain fares available for the dates you enter at the top of the page. You will also see a map of the entire United States with the lowest fares for those dates already shown on the page. You have the option of honing in on a particular region for even more fares. These suggestions will enable you to select a destination you might otherwise miss.
For example, you want to recreate at the beach. There may be destinations in Florida or California you might not think of, but the map will show the lowest fare to all major and regional airports, including some you may not have heard of in the past..
The regional feature is valuable. When reviewing the site a trip to Colorado Springs was $40 round trip. The regional map also showed $195, less than half the price.
Another feature is that you can select the rewards system you desire. A drop down menu allow you to see only Sky Team, Star Alliance, or One World flights.
©2014 Max Impact, used with permission.
Books that will save you money
- “The Money Saving Mom's Budget”: Slash your spending, pay down your debt, streamline your life, and save thousands a year.
- “How to Save More Money”: 349 tips to help you keep your hard-earned cash.
- “How to Be Frugal”: New ways to view money and 100 tips reduce your expenses.
Additional money-saving resources for you
- Get coupons at coupons.com.
- Get a free e-reader for use on any tablet, Apple, or PC.
- Get a free trail for thousands of movies and TV programs at Amazon Prime.
- Information about the economic culture.
- Best deals and ease of use for bridal registries: Amazon’s Wedding Registry.
- Amazon also has a baby registry that offers great savings. Click here to review.
- Daily specials from Amazon.com in what they call the GoldBox.