With five races already in the 2014 NASCAR Nationwide Series history book, the series heads into its first off-weekend of the season. Heading into that break, Regan Smith and Trevor Bayne are tied for the championship points lead with 185 points apiece. So far, Smith is the only Nationwide championship-eligible driver to make a visit to victory lane this season, doing so in the season opener at Daytona (Fla.) International Speedway on Feb. 22. The four races since have been won by Sprint Cup Series regulars.
Sprint Cup drivers aside, there's a championship to be won in the Nationwide Series. Rookie Ty Dillon is third in points, trailing Smith and Bayne by six. Another rookie is close behind in fourth -- Chase Elliott. Here's a look at the top-10 in the driver points standing following last Saturday's race at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, Calif.
1. Regan Smith, 185 points
1. Trevor Bayne, 185
3. Ty Dillon, 179
4. Chase Elliott, 177
5. Elliott Sadler, 174
6. Brendan Gaughan, 160
6. Brian Scott, 160
8. Dylan Kwasniewski, 149
9. James Buescher, 145
10. Mike Bliss, 125
Here's a look at the top-10 in the Nationwide Series owner points standings. These standings don't quite match the driver points standings, as these are affected heavily by the presence of Sprint Cup regulars in the Nationwide Series.
1. No. 54 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota, 222 points
2. No. 22 Team Penske Ford, 215 points
3. No. 42 Turner Scott Motorsports Chevrolet, 207
4. No. 5 JR Motorsports Chevrolet, 201
5. No. 20 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota, 186
6. No. 7 JR Motorsports Chevrolet, 185
6. No. 6 Roush Fenway Racing Ford, 185
8. No. 3 Richard Childress Racing Chevrolet, 179
9. No. 9 JR Motorsports Chevrolet, 177
10. No. 11 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota, 174
The Nationwide Series returns to action April 4 at Texas Motor Speedway.