The NASCAR Camping World Truck Series completed its fifth race of the 2014 season last Friday at Dover (Del.) International Speedway. Matt Crafton headed into that race as the series championship points leader, but a tire issue that resulted in heavy impact with the retaining wall for Crafton resulted in a poor finish and a loss of the points lead.
Instead, Timothy Peters left Dover with the championship lead, but not by much. Now, Crafton is tied with ThorSport Racing teammate Johnny Sauter, a single point behind Peters.
Meanwhile, Sprint Cup Series driver Kyle Busch continued his dominance of Truck Series competition with another race win. As a result, Crafton still stands as the only Camping World Truck Series championship-eligible driver to make his way to victory lane, so far, this season.
Here's a look at the Truck Series driver points standings after five races (stats provided by NASCAR Statistics):
1. Timothy Peters, leader
2. Matt Crafton, -1
2. Johnny Sauter, -1
4. German Quiroga, -6
5. Ron Hornaday, -15
6. Ben Kennedy, -16
7. Ryan Blaney, -19
8. John Wes Townley, -26
9. Jeb Burton, -32
10. Joey Coulter, -43
As a result of Busch's dominance of Truck Series competition, the No. 51 Kyle Busch Motorsports Toyota, driven by Busch when he competes in the series, is atop the Camping World Truck Series owner points standings by a significant margin. With four wins in five races, the No. 51 leads the No. 17 Red Horse Racing team for which series driver points leader Peters drives by 32 points.
Here's sa look at the top-10 of the Camping World Truck Series owner points standings:
1. No. 51 Kyle Busch Motorsports Toyota, leader
2. No. 17 Red Horse Racing Toyota, -32
3. No. 88 ThorSport Racing toyota, -33
3. No. 98 ThorSport Racing Toyota, -33
5. No. 19 Brad Keselowski Racing Ford, -38
5. No. 77 Red Horse Racing Toyota, -38
7. No. 8 SWM-NEMCO Racing Toyota, -41
8. No. 30 Turner Scott Motorsports Chevrolet, -47
9. No. 31 Turner Scott Motorsports Chevrolet, -48
10. No. 29 Brad Keselowski Racing Ford, -51