The fall running season continues this weekend of October 19 – 20, 2013 with lots of events all over the area.
There are numerous 5K’s and half marathons in Seaside and in Pequannock, N.J.
Many runners will also be preparing for upcoming marathons and doing their final long runs. The local running clubs have group runs which are ideal venues.
Here are some of the weekend’s events:
Saturday, October 19, 5 p.m. Belmar Kids Races, Belmar, N.J.
Saturday, October 19, 5K,Great Race of Middletown, Middletown, N.J.
Saturday, October 19, 5k, Bark for Life, Mercer County Park, West Windsor, N.J.
Saturday, October 19, 9:30a.m., CPL Breakfast Run, 5K, , Cerebral Palsy League, Cranford, N.J.
Saturday, October 19, 9a.m. 12th Annual Heroes to Hero 5k, , Gloucester City Fire Dept, Gloucester City, N.J.
Saturday, October 19, Comfortree 5k, 9am, Duke Island Park, Bridgewater, N.J.
Saturday, October 19 10 a.m.,Wyckoff Education Foundation 5K, Eisenhower School, Calvin Ct., Wyckoff, N.J.
Saturday, October 19, 10 a.m. Limbs in Motion 5k, Veteran's Park, Hamilton, N.J.
Saturday, October 19, 8:30 a.m.North Jersey Half Marathon, Pequannock, N.J.
Saturday, October 19, 9:05 a.m. - 10k; 11:15 a.m. - 5k, Terri Roemer Paramus Run, Paramus, N.J.
Sunday, October 20, 9 a.m.-Fun Run; 9:30 a.m.-5K, Fanwood 5K & Family Fun Run, Fanwood, N.j.
Sunday, October 20, Walk For Wishes, 5K, 10am, Liberty State Park, Jersey City, N.J.
Sunday, October 20, St. Pat’s Community 5K, 10:30am, St Patrick Church, Chatham, N.J.
Sunday, October 20, 10 a.m., Colonial Challenge 5K & 1 Mile; 2 Mile Family Walk, Morris Township, N.J.
Sunday, October 20, 9:30 a.m.,Livingston 5K Run, Livingston HS, Livingston, N.J.
Sunday, October 20, Shrewsbury Classic 5K, Shrewsbury, N.J.
- Saturday, 9 a.m., RVRR Group Run, Johnson Park, Piscataway, N.J.
- Saturday, Rose City Runners Group Run, Morris Township, N.J.
- Saturday, 9 a.m. Clifton Road Runners, 70 Railroad Ave, Rochelle Park, New Jersey
- Sunday, 8 a.m. Jersey Shore Running Club, Bodman Park, Middletown, N.J.
- Sunday, 9 a.m. Clifton Road Runners, 720 E. Palisade Ave, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.
- Sunday, 7:30 a.m., South Jersey Running Club Group Run, Haddonfield Running Co, Haddonfield, N.J.
- The Ocean Running Club also schedules group runs at various locations mainly in Ocean County
- The Freehold Area Running Club also has group runs at various locations in western Monmouth County in the Freehold area
So where are you running this weekend?
And looking ahead to the spring:
Saturday, April 26, 8:30 a.m. Asbury Park Half Marathon, Asbury Park, N.J. A benefit for Special Olympics New Jersey