The event catalog for Gen Con is now available for viewing, but Wizards of the Coast (WOTC) has yet to add its Dungeons & Dragons events to the system. Attendees can add events to their wish list now and then join the massive crush to register by May 18 at 12 p.m. EDT. Here's the rundown to look for if you want to attend a WOTC-themed event.
- All Days: D&D Next All-Access Pass: Play every official Dungeons & Dragons game at Gen Con. You’ll have the same DM for Secrets of Sokol Keep, Shadow on the Moonsea, Defiance in Phlan, and Corruption in Kryptgarden.
- All Days (4 hours) Secrets of Sokol Keep: Sokol Keep’s beacon has gone dark, and the garrison has disappeared. In Phlan, rumors circulate that something ancient was discovered in the grounds beneath the keep.
- All Days (4 hours) Shadow on the Moonsea: The wild Moonsea faces a new scourge prowling the waters: A ghost ship has been striking coastal villages, leaving its victims whispering about the “eye of the dracolich.”
- All Days (1 hour) Defiance in Phlan: The Cult of the Dragon has come to Phlan, a refuge town on the Moonsea. Participate in any one of five different missions aimed at stopping the cult from securing a foothold in the city.
- Thursday, Saturday, Sunday (10 a.m. - 12 p.m., 1 p.m. - 3 p.m., 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.); Friday (4 p.m. - 6 p.m.) Dungeons & Dragons the New Edition: Ready, Set, Play! The D&D team will have a series of sessions to discuss features of the upcoming new edition, answer questions, and walk through character creation. Each session has a short presentation and a workshop.
- Friday (4 p.m. - 6 p.m.) Storytelling in the Realms: Tyranny of Dragons and Beyond: Chris Perkins, Ed Greenwood, and R.A. Salvatore discuss what makes great stories and adventures.
- Saturday (August 16, 6 p.m. - 9 p.m.) Corruption in Kryptgarden: The Cult of the Dragon has established a stronghold deep in Kryptgarden Forest, and the factions want to know their dark purpose. RPGA players will recognize the format as something that sounds very similar to a battle interactive
- Saturday (August 16, 9 p.m. - 10 p.m.) D&D Celebration Ceremony: The members of the D&D team will host an event to honor players and Dungeon Masters.
There are more events coming, as per Gen Con's update:
IMPORTANT NOTE: This initial release of the event catalog includes most of the events for Gen Con 2014. Some categories (anime, film, Industry Insider Guests of Honor), some companies and late events are still being finalized and will be publicized in future weeks. New events will be added and more tickets will be become available for existing events from now until the convention so make sure to keep checking back at gencon.com and follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates.
For more information about registering for events, see this video. To learn more about how wish lists work, here's another helpful video. Here's hoping the registration experience is better than the hotel reservation system that collapsed under the weight of an unprecedented number of attendees.