Sometimes you just need a break. Whether it’s from house work, business, the kids or just to recharge the batteries and let somebody else make the beds and do the grunt work. But you don’t want to make a big deal out of it by flying or driving someplace fare away. You want convenience.
Think Hotel Shangrila in Santa Monica, one of Los Angeles’ iconic oceanfront landmark hotels originally built in 1939 which is running two sweet suite packages where you can really feel like a diva while you bask in the hotel’s urban sophistication. We did this a couple of years ago and loved it, the hotel has so much charm and is centrally located to anywhere you want to walk.
The two packages,"The Artful Lodger" and "Your Very Own Private Shangrila," were designed in celebration of the hotel’s multimillion dollar "A Star is Reborn” renovation and finishing touches of interior décor as part of its total design remake. The packages are meant for relaxation and are available through the end of 2013.
Package details--The Artful Lodger which costs $765.00 for two persons comes with
- One Bedroom suite accommodation
- Private towncar to Getty Villa
- Entrance and reservation for Getty Villa
- Relaxing Foot Massage at Sybaris Rejuvenation Lounge for Two
- Surprise “House” Confectionary Turndown chocolates
- Complimentary valet parking
Your Very Own Private Shangrila costs $1,297 for two persons or $985 for one person and includes:
- Veranda suite with outdoor verandas with view of the sea
- Al fresco greakfast
- Stocked refrigerator with Santa Monica’s famous Farmers Market produce
- Entrance to Soulcycle - the ride which delivers an intense full-body workout with a fun and energizing atmosphere
- Complimentary DVD of the film “Lost Horizon” James Hilton's classic 1933 novel in which Shangri-La is an isolated earthly paradise populated by immortal and ageless residents. All are promised eternal youth.
- Dual massage at Sybaris Rejuvenation Lounge for 90 minutes
- One of the hotel’s highly touted signature cocktails
Your Very Own Private Shangrila package is available to one or two persons, nightly, valid through 2013, subject to availability, and is exclusive of tax and gratuity. For complete package details, go to www.shangrila-hotel.com or call (310) 394-2791.
The 71-suite Shangrila Hotel is located at 1301 Ocean Avenue in Santa Monica, (310) 394-2791.
Check out the accompanying video for more about Santa Monica.