It seems to be a secret more closely guarded than the Coca-Cola recipe. When will the super-sized Duggar family from TLC’s “19 Kids and Counting” return in 2014? Fans have been chomping at the bit for a big announcement concerning the 2014 premiere date. As of Jan. 20, there is no official word from TLC, but the new season should begin in about six weeks. Have no fear, because of good ratings and a strong, loyal following, the show will return in 2014.
The 2nd season of TLC’s series called “My 600-lb. Life” is currently running in the same time slot that “19 Kids and Counting” usually occupies when it isn’t on hiatus. According to TLC, “My 600-lb. Life” premiered on Jan. 7 in 2014 and is set to run for eight consecutive weeks. That means the series will end on Tuesday, Feb. 25. In 2013, “19 Kids and Counting” premiered on March 12 with the 2-part “Duggars Do Asia” special. The regular season began on Tuesday, April 3.
So, when will “19 Kids and Counting” return in 2014? This writer’s best guess is Tuesday, March 11 or Tuesday, March 18, 2014. Both dates are very close to last year’s premiere and it would make sense for TLC to repeat the same time frame. Amy Duggar will not be a part of the show this season, but she has a big secret for her fans that she has yet to reveal. Stay tuned here for more information and juicy details.
In the meantime, fans are anxious for the new season to begin. Below are a few “19 Kids and Counting” Facebook posts made on Jan. 18-20.
- “When are you coming back on the air? I miss the show.” – Marietta Spencer
- “When will you be back on TV? I have watched your show since the beginning.” – Becky Spangler
- “Can’t wait until the new season comes on.” – Marie Sawyer
- “I love your show. Are you coming back for another season?” – Marlene Martinez
Five reasons to tune in to the new season of “19 Kids and Counting” in 2014.
- Wedding of Erin Bates. Last season ended with the engagement of Erin Bates to Chad Paine. The wedding took place on Nov. 22, so it will surely be chronicled on the new season of "19 Kids and Counting."
- Jessa Duggar courtship. On Sept. 16, “People” revealed that Jessa Duggar was officially involved in a courtship with 18-year-old Ben Seewald. The new season of “19 Kids and Counting” is almost certain to feature Jessa’s budding romance.
- Josh and Anna in Washington, D.C. Much of last season focused on Josh and Anna’s big move to Washington, D.C. Unless they get their own spin-off show in 2014, look for “19 Kids and Counting to focus on them again.
- Will there be a baby #20? Duggar fans are wondering if Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar will bring baby number 20 into the world. In past interviews, Michelle said that she would welcome another child. However, Josie was born three months prematurely and Michelle suffered a heartbreaking miscarriage in 2011. She said that she and Jim Bob would consider adoption, so could “19 Kids and Counting” eventually expand to “20 Kids and Counting”?
- Josie Duggar is just so darn cute. Duggar fans can’t get enough of Josie Duggar, who turned four on Dec. 10. After spending close to four months in the NICU at Arkansas Children’s Hospital, she is now a healthy and happy child who often steals the spotlight on “19 Kids and Counting.”
Recent Duggar family news:
- Joseph Duggar celebrated his 19th birthday on Jan. 20, 2014.
- Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar offered practical parenting tips. Check out the video above to see what they had to say.
- The Duggars received the 2013 Defender of Life Award at the Students for Life of America Conference.
- Members of the Duggar family attended the 2014 Rally and March For Life in Washington, D.C.
- Twins John-David and Jana Duggar celebrated their 24th birthdays on Jan. 12, the first Duggar birthdays of 2014.
- There are no Duggar birthdays in February. The next one up is Joshua, who turns 26 on March 3.
More about the Duggar family from "19 Kids & Counting":
The super-sized Duggar family includes mom Michelle, dad Jim Bob, plus children Joshua, Jana, John-David, Jill, Jessa, Jinger, Joseph, Josiah, Joy-Anna, Jeremiah, Jedidiah, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johannah, Jennifer, Jordyn and Josie. The family resides debt-free in Arkansas and stars in a weekly reality TV series on TLC called "19 Kids & Counting."
For the latest Duggar news and happenings, head to the TLC website.
Do you love the Duggars? Then sign up to get my articles personally delivered to your in-box. Just click on SUBSCRIBE and you'll stay up-to-the-minute with your favorite super-sized family.