Today we welcome information from blog Tada and the subject is based on a survey taken about Halloween. See the link for the full infographic and some more surprising information (who knew?).
Your teaser is found here ...
WHEN IT COMES TO HALLOWEEN…
It's a well-chronicled event that people tend to gravitate to sexy costumes, but sexy Halloween costumes for babies? In our pre-Halloween infographic, we've coupled trending Halloween costume search terms (both popular and strange) from our sister site Bizrate.com and a survey of 7,315 online shoppers.
We found some interesting things, namely that someone out there wants to be Slutty Bacon for Halloween. (True story!) We also found plenty of evidence that the senior population hates Halloween, while Generation Y embraces it. And what's even better for retailers? Most people will at least spend a little bit of money on the holiday.
SOME INTERESTING FACTS:
* Generation Y counts Halloween as 4th favorite holiday (after Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Year's); Seniors rank it last, in 8th place.
* 33% of seniors dislike Halloween so much that they opt to turn out their porch lights and go out to dinner.
* 4/5 of shoppers plan to celebrate Halloween (30% with gusto, 49% in a smaller way).
* 38% will be putting on a costume, while 15% won't wear one but will put one on their kid.
* Someone out there is dressing up as Slutty Bacon for Halloween.
* 70% will spend at least $25 on Halloween costumes; 85% will spend at least $10 on candy.
Tada's newest infographic is based on responses from 7,315 online shoppers who were surveyed immediately after checking out. Tada is obsessed with reporting on all the things that online shoppers value.