Buying in bulk is a great way to save some money. It's a little more expensive initially, but when you purchase bulk non-perishable items and things you use regularly, it is beneficial to your budget in the long run. Here are some great items to buy in bulk:
- Paper towels and toilet paper: These obviously don't expire, so when you find a great deal on them, buy in bulk!
- Cereal: If your family's go-to breakfast is cereal, you will save money by buying a larger quantity.
- Plastic wrap, aluminum foil, and plastic snack bags: These are great to buy in bulk to have handy for a long time, especially if you have a convenient place to store them.
- Hygiene products: Toothbrushes, toothpaste, and other hygiene products are great to stock up when you find a great deal.
- Bottled drinks: If you regularly drink bottled water, Vitamin Water, Fuze, etc., you can definitely get some savings buying in bulk instead of each bottle individually.
- Detergent and cleaning supplies: Again, when you find a great deal it's a really good idea to stock up when you have a good place to store them.
- Meat: Meat is expensive, but you can save money by purchasing family packs of chicken breasts, or large packages of ground beef. To make sure the meat doesn't spoil, freeze it if you are not going to use it immediately.
Though you can find some bulk items at regular grocery stores, the selection is usually very small. You can also buy a large quantity of items while they are on sale. There are two bulk stores in Springfield: GFS (Gordon Food Service) and Sam's Club. Both have their pros and cons. GFS does not require a membership fee, but it is a much smaller store and therefore they have a smaller selection. Sam's Club requires a paid membership, but the store is huge and you have a variety of choices. If you have a large family or use a lot of bulk items, the fee is worth it for the larger selection. Wherever you choose to shop for bulk purchases, you can be sure that your decision to buy in bulk can save your family some money.