This is the one, the pre-season game that is the biggest dress rehearsal for the regular season to come. The starters will all likely play into the third quarter and here is where we will see exactly where this teams stands in terms of offense, defense, and even special team.
With that in mind here are a few things to keep an eye on against Tom Brady and the New England Patriots:
- First team offense- The first team unit has not looked particularly good so far this off season. In fact across the board the Lions appear to have the same issues this pre-season that they had all of last season. That is very troubling and this unit needs to come out run the ball and score first. That would be a good indicator that things for this team are not business as usual.
- Right side of the O line- It is a little troubling that both the starting RG and RT spot sill appear to be in flux. Ideally we would like to see Larry Warford step up and claim the RG spot and the monster Jason Fox step in at RT. We have yet to see anyone make a seriously claim to be starters on the right side.
- The secondary- It would be nice to see someone step up and make a play. It would be nice to see what Darius slay can do, and it would be nice to see Louis Delmas.
- LOLB- Is this still Ashlee Palmer's job to lose?
- Brandon Pettigrew- How many dropped passes tonight?
- The running game- Based on what we have seen so far Reggie Bush is a bigger help to the passing game than the running game. The Lions need Joique Bell or Mikel Leshoure to step up and get this running game going. This goes hand in hand with figuring out the right side of the offensive line.