Meatballs are made for many occasions, from family dinner nights to wedding receptions. Often, the person who made this delectable food ends up bringing plenty home. How might meatballs be reused? This list will aid you in finding new ways to consume the rest of the meatballs, without letting any go to waste.
- Place meatballs in hotdog rolls, top with some of the sauce, and sprinkle with mild cheddar cheese. These can be warmed in the oven until the cheese melts, or eaten as is.
- Serve a few meatballs and some of the sauce over a baked potato.
- Top mashed sweet potato with sauce and meatballs. Cover with a dash or two of Parmesan cheese.
- Cut a spaghetti squash in half. Roast in the oven, open side up. Cut each in half again, to make four servings. Top each serving with sauce and meatballs. Sprinkle oregano or parsley over the top.
- Serve at breakfast, aside a couple of eggs. This combination is good with a fruit smoothie, or a mixed fruit salad.
- Serve in decorative tablespoons or dipping spoons with a little sauce, topped with a sprinkling of cheese and parsley.
- Serve a few in lettuce or cabbage leaves, with a little mozzarella cheese and diced tomato.
Share your ideas for enjoying leftover meatballs in the comments.
Be sure to subscribe to Bangor Easy Meals to receive all new updates to the column. Please share articles you enjoy on Facebook, Twitter and other social and bookmarking venues. You may contact Shannon any time at email@example.com, or by leaving a comment here. And be sure to check out the book store for Beverages on a Budget and other cookbooks.