Maybe there are brownies left over from a big family get-together. Or perhaps there are just two left in the pan and you want to add a little flair to the nights' dessert. However you have come by these extra brownies, the ideas below will help in deciding what to do with them. Try one of these suggestions, or create a new dessert masterpiece of your own.
- Have a brownie delight: Place a brownie in a bowl with a scoop of ice cream. Top with hot fudge, whipped cream, and a cherry, if desired. The hot fudge melts the ice cream just enough.
- Top with butter cream frosting and enjoy.
- Spread a nut butter frosting over the top, cut into small squares, and let the children enjoy them as a treat.
- Top with whipped cream and raspberries.
- Drizzle caramel over the top, and add apple slices.
- Drizzle with strawberry syrup, and top with strawberry slices and blueberries.
- Place a dollop of banana pudding on top of a brownie, and add sliced banana and a few pineapple chunks. Top this with a sprinkling of coconut.
- Crumble, and add to the top of a chocolate cream pie. Put a dollop of whipped cream on each pie slice.
- Crumble over mousse, drizzle with some marshmallow cream over, and add some whipped cream.
What other uses can you find for brownies?
Be sure to subscribe to Bangor Easy Meals to receive all new updates to the column. Please share articles you enjoy on Facebook, Twitter and other social and bookmarking venues. You may contact Shannon any time at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by leaving a comment here. And be sure to check out the book store.