Bling Baby Bling!
If you are interested in updating your makeup bag this fall, the trends for eyeshadows are fun, flirty and refusing to be ignored! Metallic eyes dominated the fashion runway for fall 2014 from Donna Karam to Issey Miyake. We are not just talking about a little shimmer, but full on gleaming, precious metal inspired hues.
Heavy Metal Metallic Eye Colors for Every Budget
- NARS Cosmetics New Night Caller Collection
The new collection includes the Jardin Perdu eye shadow duo in Metallic Dove Grey / Metallic Amethyst. Two seductive shades that will have you ready for the night life baby! Can be applied dry or with a dampened brush for stronger intensity.
Retails for $35
- STILA Magnificent Metals Foil Finish Eye Shadow
If you want to try something different, these shadows are creamy and super-pigmented. Each eye color comes with a Stay All Day® Liquid Eye Primer and mixing tray. However the shadow can be applied without the primer. With 15 amazing colors, including their fan favorite "Kitten," it may be hard to choose just one.
Retails for $32
- MAYBELLINE Eye Studio Color Tattoo Metal Eyeshadow
Get the look on a budget with Mabilline's Eye Studio Color Tattoo Metal Eyeshadow. Vibrant color that is easily applied with your fingers. Comes in 5 fun colors. Ulta.com shoppers give this cream gel shadow 4.4 out of 5 stars.
Retails for $6.99
Not sure you want to try something so daring? Here are three tips for pulling off the look flawlessly.
- Even though the fashion models may wear the heavy metal colors from lash-line to eyebrow, it might be a bit much for your day to day wear. Try placing the bling just on the eyelid and gently blending it out.
- Give the eyes a intense look by using the metallic shade as a liner under the eyes only. While using a darker shade on the lids. It's a fun looks for a night on the town.
- Ease into precious metal colors by using just a smidgen of a lighter metallic color on the inner corner of the eyes. A tried-and-true method to make your eyes more dazzling in any light. If you are feeling brave, fade out with a darker metallic color.
Are you planning on updating your look with metallic? Leave a comment and let us know.
Like the article? Click on that shiny little "SUBSCRIBE" button at the top to get the latest makeup news and tips sent straight to your email every week! It's that easy!