March has been a wild month so far at ChrisCrespo.com, and there have been many things to check out that you might have missed in the all of this apparent madness. So here are a few choice bits that you may want to check out, if you know what's good for ya:
- Review: "The Incredible Burt Wonderstone" - you may have heard that there is this Steve Carrel/Jim Carrey magic comedy that is underpeforming at the box office, but that fact is that this film is just good enough to win some of you over. Jim Carrey is fantastic, and Steve Carrel's titular character is actually more interesting than the marketing makes him out to be. And to back all of this up, here is my review.
- Review: "Dead Man Down" - meanwhile, here is another box office underpeformer, though this time with far less of a shot to gain any sort of following or cult status, thanks to the ridiculous and poorly told story. Just check out the review for the deets on why this is a hunk of hell.
- Review: "Oz The Great and Powerful" - of course the biggest movie of the month, and of the year so far, is "Oz The Great and Powerful," a movie that I had very low expectations for, which probably accounts for why I didn't dislike this movie nearly as much as I thought I would. In fact, there are sections that I liked quite a bit. For more, click the link to the read about my mixed feelings about Sam Raimi and Disney's latest opus.
- Cinema Crespodiso: the Podcast - either click the link to check out the show via my site or subscribe to us on iTunes, and check out the latest episode of Cinema Crespodiso, featuring special guests and co-hosts and lively discussions about all manner of topics, both movie-related and not. We're up to episode ten, so if you haven't checked us out yet, you now have a nice backlog to get into. Enjoy!
- New Netflix Instant Picks of the Week - why spend countless hours just flipping through the Netflix Instant Watch library (which we all do, admit it) when you have two years' worth of Netflix Instant Watch recommendations from yours truly? And you can't go wrong with March's choices so far, which includes "Midnight Cowboy" and "Donnie Darko," so check them out already and stop wasting time!
And remember to follow us on Twitter at @Crespodiso, Like us on Facebook, check out our Instagram, contact us at CinemaCrespodiso@gmail.com, and tell all of your friends, family and neighbors to check out ChrisCrespo.com!