The newest traveling exhibit to open at Port Discovery is Curious George: Let's Get Curious starting May 17, 2014! Who doesn't love that rascally monkey!
The exhibit -- Curious George: Let's Get Curious -- is based on the familiar characters in H.A. and Margret Rey's classic stories. The exhibit is of course, inspired by the animated television series on PBS KIDS, presents key concepts in science, math, and engineering.
Kids (and tweens...my kids still love Curious George and loved visiting Port Discovery) and their families can learn like George through direct experience and problem solving:
- Operate wheels to help George climb a buildings.
- Sort and weigh fruits and vegetables at the produce stand.
- Use science skills to putt a hole of mini golf.
- Build a whirligig in the country.
- Play with color, light, and shadow in Curious George's apartment building and more!