Looking for someplace to take the kids this weekend or during winter break in February? Here are some of the events taking place at the Buffalo Museum of Science, located at 1020 Humboldt Pkwy., and at Tifft Nature Preserve, 1200 Fuhrmann Blvd. in Buffalo.
- Polar Days – Saturday and Sunday, January 19th and 20th at the Museum – Get an up-close look at polar animals and enjoy activities and crafts that investigate cold weather creatures (included with regular admission).
- Groundhog Day Snowshoe Hike – Saturday, February 2nd at 10 a.m. at Tifft – Enjoy a walk around Tifft on snowshoes (weather permitting), ending with a short presentation about Groundhog Day’s traditions and myths.
- Healthy Bodies Weekends – Saturday and Sunday, February 2nd and 3rd and February 9th and 10th at the Museum – Explore the wonders of the human body and how to keep yours healthy for the long haul, featuring hands-on experiments focusing on different body systems, disease and healthy foods (included with regular admission).
- Frosty Fun Festival – Saturday, February 16th from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Tifft – Celebrate winter in Western New York with guided snowshoe* hikes (weather permitting), indoor winter crafts, a snow animal sculpture contest, animal tracking, animal adaptations in winter, snowflake investigation station and more. Food and hot beverages will be available for purchase.
Check out the calendar at www.sciencebuff.org for a complete listing of events and programs each week.
Check out all of Paula’s Buffalo Examiner columns:
- Buffalo Events
- Buffalo Sports Travel
- Buffalo Travel
- Buffalo Gardening
- Buffalo Baking
- Buffalo Motorsports
Follow Paula on:
- Facebook – Paula Thompson Freelance
- Twitter - @paulat14
- Website – paulathompsonfreelance.com
- Flickr – PaulaThompsonFreelance
Contact Paula at firstname.lastname@example.org