Residents of and visitors to North Georgia will find so much going on this week that the choices will be difficult to make. There are things for adults to do, things to do as a family and many options for romantics of any age.
- 26th Annual Best of Atlanta Party at the Cobb Galleria on March 11: Sample the state's favorite foods and spirits from Atlanta's best restaurants. At the Taste of Georgia Pavilion, many of Georgia's top farmer's markets, orchards, dairies and specialty food producers will be featured. Georgia's hottest performers will provide the soundtrack for this event on the Georgia Music Stage. atlantamagazine.com/boa2013
- Richland Distilling Company: Visit the distillery to taste organic artisan rum made from Georgia's soil, spring water, sunshine and sugar cane. Rum can be used to make many natural home remedies and for baking. Check their site for best times to visit. richlandrum.com
- Thirteen Colony Distilleries: Visit Georgia's own distillery in Americus to taste the handcrafted, small-batch vodka. Vodka is another medium used in making natural medicine. Many people prefer vodka for it's mild taste when making infusions, extracts and tonics. Check their site for best times to visit. 13colony.net
- Youth Art Competition and Pottery Studio Exhibit through march 16: Call Helen Arts and Heritage Center for details at (706) 878-3933.
- Tellus Science Museum in Cartersville: Through April 7, the 120,000-square-foot museum will feature a special exhibition, Space Spinoffs, which explores the many ways we have benefited from space-age technology by looking at the development of these products from space to earth. Go and be inspired. tellusmuseum.org
- Jerry Seinfeld: If a laugh is what you need, Seinfeld will be appearing through April 7 at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta. foxtheatre.org
- Hunger/Walk 2013: March 10 at Turner Field in Atlanta, there will be a 5K run to support the Atlanta Community Food Bank's hunger relief efforts. acfb.org (404) 419-1723
- Master Gardeners of Central Georgia Spring Plant Sale: March 14-16 at State's Farmer's Market in Macon, Master Gardener-grown plants, trees and shrubs will be for sale at very reasonable prices. mgcg.org (478) 988-8344
To maintain good health naturally, it is vital for any relationship and every family to connect and do things as a couple or a family. Attending cultural events, plays, fairs or festivals creates fond memories. Even the not-so-fantastic outings will give the family something to laugh about for years. These are the ties that bind. Many studies have been done to prove that humans being social is needed for proper development of a baby's brain. It is also needed so children and adults can thrive.