Today, more than 200,000 couples will get engaged on Valentine’s Day according to Time.com, one of the most popular days to pop the question.
David’s Bridal has some interesting stats below from the “What’s On Brides’ Minds” Survey. Guys should take note of what women really want before getting down on one knee!
- More than half of brides (57%) would change something about their engagement ring if they could, with the biggest gripe being wanting a bigger stone (19%).
- Despite this, only 36% actually would go through with upgrading
- Grooms need to keep their proposals more personal … bucking the seemingly popular trend of over the top, You Tube-friendly proposals, most brides actually prefer something much more low key
- 80% would scoff at a public Facebook proposal
- 63% wouldn’t say yes to their beau proposing on a Jumbotron
- 57% of brides would say no to the ever-popular flash mob proposal
- With Valentine’s Day being proposal central, it’s interesting to know that nearly a third of newlyweds actually embellish their engagement story to make it sound better. So, choose wisely when proposing guys!