New York City is notorious for being overpriced, but, even New Yorkers get shocked by the $1000 Golden Opulence Sundae on the menu at Serendipity3. So what makes a sundae worth this price tag (and the current title of most expensive dessert in the world?)
- Begin with 5 scoops of premium vanilla ice cream made from the finest Tahitian Vanilla beans and Madagascar Vanilla.
- Now cover with edible 23k gold leaf. (Yes, you really CAN eat it!)
- Drizzle with Italy's Amedei Porceleana chocolate and chunks of rare Chuao Chocolate from Venezuela.
- Mix in Parisian candied fruit, gold dragets, truffles and Marzipan Cherries
- Finally, place a tiny bowl of Grand Passion Caviar on top
- Serve this outrageously, wonderful concoction in a Baccarat crystal goblet with an 18k gold spoon
- Enjoy and savor every spoonful
Ok so this isn't your every day dessert, but, if you're looking for a special way to celebrate Valentine's Day, a birthday, anniversary or other special occasion and you're looking for something "different" then this might be just what you are seeking. Keep in mind that Serendipity3 requires 48 hours notice so be sure to call ahead.
Serendipity3 is located at 225 East 60th Street, New York, NY 10022 and, the phone number is: (212) 838-3531.
For more information visit them online at: http://www.serendipity3.com/