Friends for Animal Care and Effective Solutions, better known as Utah FACES, is a volunteer organization that was founded in 2008 to partner with Salt Lake County Animal Services (SLCoAS) in it's mission to be a "No-Kill" shelter.
The organization is run by 100% volunteer effort, which enables them to spend 93% of funds raised directly helping the animals.
Amongst the different divisions of Utah FACES are the following:
- Spay/Neuter and Microchip & Vaccination Voucher Program - Providing vouchers for vaccination and microchip procedures to Salt Lake County residents who need aid in obtaining these services for their pets.
- Calendar Project fundraiser - Providing an opportunity for your pet to be a calendar celebrity, while raising money to help pets in need.
- Doggie Olympics
- Pride Week, Strut Your Mutt and other community outreach events
- SLCoAS Clinic Expansion - Aids in improvements to the Animal Services veterinary care.
- Grooming Services - Providing transportation and grooming services by Meowsers to animals in need of a groom. This lifts the animals spirits and makes them more attractive and adoptable.
- Sewing Bees - Handmade bandanas and catnip treats used for fundraising. These items are available for purchase at Mark Miller Subaru and various events like the Doggie Olympics.
- Educational Seminars - The staff at SLCoAS provides a series of monthly education seminars for the community.
- Pittie Pride and National Pit Bull Awareness Day - Educational awareness about Pit Bulls.
The impact Utah FACES has on the Salt Lake animal population and the No-Kill initiative is tremendous. In 2012, 89.5% of dogs and 70% of cats that entered the shelter lived! That is huge difference from what the number were six years ago. Utah FACES continues to make a difference with their dedication to saving the lives of pets.
If you are interested in contributing volunteer hours or financial resources to Utah FACES and being part of Salt Lake County Animal Services "No-Kill" mission, visit www.UtahFACES.org.