What is Social Justice?

Comments

• bluto 5 years ago

Nobody provides for the needy better than the Mormons.
    I suggest you make a trip to SLC, and visit Welfare Square.
    A program which allows people to keep their dignity, while working through tough times.

Without a "Centralized Government" approach, the Mormons get it done.

The term, Social Justice, as used currently, is a Progressive, Socialist Utopia, which has been tried over and over and failed.
    Because, it takes away mans agency to do good.

Charity is not charity if it takes the fruits from one, by force (government), to give to another. That builds nobody's charachter.

This is left better to Church's and Charities. And not put in the hands of faceless bureaucrats.

The Savior taught us to be self-reliant and to cloth the naked and feed the hungry. He taught us to teach others how to fish rather than to just be handed a fish dinner. Forget that one?

That is the Mormons approach to Social Justice. Not a Progressive-Socialist Utoipia run by corrupt polititions.

• DarqueStar 5 years ago

So basically Bluto you are agreeing with Father Preble is saying? Not sure why you're getting so worked up about it. I cringe every time Glenn Beck opens his mouth and it's getting harder and harder to reconcile that we are members of the same church, bearers of the same priesthood.

• Bot 5 years ago

Darquestar forgets that for charity to be beneficial to the giver and receiver it must be freely given, not at the point of a gun or the government reaching into your pocket. There's no building of character in the giver nor the receiver of such a draconian scheme.

In the U.S. we give ten times as much as the Europeans. Obama wants us to mimick the Europeans

• East Coaster 5 years ago

Marion G. Romney would endorse Glenn Beck's version of charity and reject Barack Obama, Jeremiah Wright, and Father Pfleger's versions of "charity".

• Paula 5 years ago

Thank you. Clearly, "social justice" is defined and practiced in various ways by most Christians, all seeking to follow Christ. Seldom do the churches mention government. How have people concluded that people who preach charitable acts and deed are political people or are socialists or nazis? Was the church at Jerusalem (in the book of Acts) socialist? By some reckoning they might have been -- but not the kind of socialist that Beck is railing against.

• Chris 5 years ago

I've listen to some of Glenn Beck's show, and I agree with much of what he says. What you're describing in my opinion is charity not social justice. Justice implies payment, or righting a wrong, something you are legally bond to satisfy. I don't see anything justifiable in redistribution of wealth, but that is a totally different subject. Calling charity, social justice I think is a misuse of the word and trying to intermingle them is wrong. But "you say to-may-toe and I say to-ma-toe."

• Chris 5 years ago

• Anthony ngcmmale@yahoo.com 5 years ago

Mobile Spy - Cellular Spy Software Service

Need Support?

Need to silently record SMS (text message) and call information of your child or employee? Learn the TRUTH with Mobile Spy, a completely stealth program! Mobile Spy records every SMS and logs every call including phone numbers with durations. View real time results in your private online account.

Mobile Spy is the next generation of smartphone spy software. Do you suspect that your child or employee is abusing their SMS privileges? If yes, then this software is ideal for you. Install this small program onto your compatible smartphone to begin recording.

Using the Internet capabilities of your phone, recorded activities are quickly uploaded to your Mobile Spy account. To view the results you simply login to your private account at the Mobile Spy web site. Logs are displayed by categories and sorted for easy browsing. The software is completely stealth and works independently. Mobile Spy does not rely on the phone's cal