President’s Day 2013 is observed Monday, February 17, and there is often a question of what is open and what is closed.
Since President’s Day is a Federal Holiday; all Federal ran businesses will be closed, while State ran businesses can choose to stay open or close.
What is open in Seattle on President’s Day
• Shopping Malls, most retailers and thrift shops ~ not only will they be opened but they are having terrific sales including ½ off at Value Village
• Local family attractions including the Pike’s Place Market, Pacific Science Center, Woodland Park Zoo, Museum of Flight., EMP and the Seattle Aquarium
Restaurants and fast food establishments
• Metro will be running but on their reduced holiday schedule with a few routes canceled
• Street parking is FREE ~ so you can head on down to Seattle and hit all the sales without worrying about the parking meter
• Washington State Ferries will be running on their regular weekday schedule
• Most State-run liquor stores will be open 10am - 7 pm, check individual stores on their website. Of course in Washington, liquor can be purchased in grocery stores.
• Recycling, garbage and yard waste collections will be picked up along with Seattle's transfer and recycling stations.
What is closed in Seattle on President’s Day
• Schools ~ all Seattle public and private schools
• Public Libraries
• Most banks and credit unions
• Municipal, state and federal offices
• Post offices aside from the delivery of express parcels