What is Eczema?
A medical condition in which patches of skin become rough and inflamed, with blisters that cause itching and bleeding, scaling, oozing and could become lichenification and often hyper-pigmentation. Another name for it is ‘atopic dermatitis’. Dermatitis means, simply, inflammation of the skin. The word eczema comes from the Greek word ekzein meaning "to boil out"; the Greek word ek means "out," while the Greek word zema means "boiling."
There are many different types of eczema:
- Allergic contact eczema (dermatitis) - a reaction where the skin has come into contact with a substance that the immune system recognizes as foreign
- Contact eczema - a localized reaction where the skin has come into contact with an allergen
- Dyshidriotic eczema - irritation of skin on palms of hands and soles of feet, characterized by blisters
- Neurodermatitis - scaly patches of skin on head, forearms, wrists, lower legs caused by localized itch such as an insect bite
- Nummular eczema - circular patches of irritated skin that can be crusted, scaling and itchy
- Seborrheic eczema - oily, scaly yellowish patches of skin, usually on face and scalp
What Causes Eczema?
It’s unknown what causes eczema, but for me it was triggered by allergens, irritants and stress. I’ve also gotten eczema after eating certain foods. The other day I was standing on grass and it triggered the worst eczema all over my legs.
Natural Remedies for Eczema
THE ECZEMA OINTMENT by GLYCELENE
This natural ointment for eczema is made with the highest grade organic ingredients along with the ancient grain, sorghum, which reduces irritation, inflammation and redness. We also added Moroccan blue chamomile which is one of the best essential oils and one of the most powerful anti-histaminic / anti-inflammatory oils. The eczema ointment by Glycelene is the perfect choice for spot treatment of any inflammatory issues, healing skin and preventing, or treating, inflammation. I created this natural product after suffering from eczema my whole life. Nothing was helping me and it took a year of daily R&D trying to perfect this product. The Eczema Ointment by Glycelene is the only natural cure for eczema I use.
Some other Natural remedies that will help avoid eczema triggers are:
- Healthy diet and nutrition
- Use mild, natural & fragrance free detergents, soaps and bath products
- Stress Management
- Oatmeal Baths in warm water
- Get enough sleep (8 hours if possible)
- Detox and avoid toxins as much as possible
- Drink a lot of water to stay hydrated
- Take your vitamins
- Use a humidifier
- Use a natural ointment for eczema
Try to avoid any products containing sulfates. They are found in a lot of soaps and shampoos, as they work as a foaming and cleansing agent. They can be highly irritating and drying on the skin and break down the skin’s natural proteins, making skin more vulnerable to outside contaminants.
If you’re struggling to find a solution to your eczema, alternative treatments such as hypnosis and acupuncture may work in improving eczema. Often, this is because it reduces stress or because of the result of a placebo effect. I always advise that any natural remedy and product should be used in conjunction with the advice of a Dermatologist.
Glycelene is a non-toxic, fragrence-free line of luxury skin care products that offer anti-aging, hydrating and healing beauty for all skin types. All products are handcrafted at Borio Laboratories in Dana Point, California.