Research suggests that acts of kindness can make a real difference to the health and well-being of individuals who receive and practice it.
There is actually a science behind acts of kindness. The human brain holds a supply of a peptide hormone called oxytocin. This hormone plays an important physiological role during birth and lactation.
Recent studies suggest oxytocin underlies our capacity to feel trust and empathy.
Random Acts of Kindness
We can do many things to make a positive impact in the lives of people around us.
Here is a list of a few acts of kindness to touch peoples’ hearts and change lives:
- Donate used books to the library
- Help someone for free
- Let someone go in front of you in line
- Return a shopping cart
- Read to a child
- Use less plastic
- Listen to a friend
- Donate used clothes
- Give someone a hug
- Use your talents to help others
- Teach someone something new
- Ask someone if they need help
- Encourage someone to complete a goal
- Share the best piece of advice you know
- Show appreciation to someone who helped you
- Write a letter to someone that is special to you
- Make a new friend
- Do an activity you enjoy
- Help a charity
- Help someone in need
- Inspire others to do an act of kindness
Share Your Kindness
Kindness is contagious and a beneficial part of life. We all have the ability to change the world in a positive way. Many people are experiencing tough times. We, as individuals, can do some powerful things to help people and make a difference in our world.
Consider being part of the community of people who practice the art and act of kindness.
Enjoy this article? Receive e-mail alerts when new articles are available. Just click on the "Subscribe" button above.