The Grammys are a time for the musicians around the world to shine. Not only is their musical talent on display, but their fashion sense is put to the test. Unfortunately, this year we have some interesting follies. Several of the lovely ladies showed us more flesh than style, and to top it off, they paired the bad choice in fashion with their jewelry. The jewelry was either overdone or downright scary.
- Jennifer Lopez was showing a whole lot more than leg this year at the 55th Annual Grammy Awards. Her collection of diamond bracelets was almost as stunning as the missing parts of her dress. Unfortunately, neither was a good idea. Individually her amazing yellow diamond bracelet or classic diamond bracelet would be a show stopper, but the combination of the diamond bracelets with a large, rogue yellow gold cuff was too much.
- Kelly Osbourne channeled her inner Tina Turner with her shimmy-style bracelet and earrings. While she didn’t completely miss the mark, the only jewelry she wore this year to gain praise was her ring.
- Beyonce, along with a few other stars, decided to wear large bracelets on each wrist. If she is trying to set a trend, the local jewelry store owners are going to be happy, but one bracelet that size is enough. It is insult to injury to wear two of them.
- Giuliana Rancic was no exception to the list with her interesting ring collection. She must have taken a note from Jennifer Lopez on over accessorizing. Wearing nine rings on three fingers is either a cry for help, or she was afraid she wouldn’t be attending any events the rest of the year.
- Miranda Lambert is not known for traditional, but her earring and bracelet ensemble was ghastly. While they do match, the earrings are the size of a Smart Car’s hub cap with reflective sunflower design. Luckily for her fans, the earrings she wore during her performance were beautiful.
- Lisa D’Amato’s large earrings were almost as loud as her outfit.
- Ashanti piled up her bracelets for the evening. Thankfully, they were small in size and stackable.
The ladies must have felt a need to overdo it this year at the award ceremony. Hopefully this isn’t a trend that will continue.