A myriad of changes in the body occur as you age, generally causing deterioration of body processes, including skin cell repair and renewal. The result: crusty movements, poor eyesight, and creases on your skin, to name a few.
Signs of aging often manifest and become noticeable when you start developing unsightly folds on your skin, often showing first on your face most especially around the eye area, on your neck, and on the back of your hands. Fine lines and wrinkles are the product of the natural aging process that comes with age but also, years of unprotected sun exposure and damage, and unhealthy lifestyle that significantly speeds up premature aging including smoking, excessive alcohol intake, poor diet, and lack of regular physical activity. Some maintenance drugs may also be causing skin to dry and age sooner than expected.
The good news is that modern skin care science has produced a broad range of skin care therapy, treatment, and topical products designed to keep skin moist, avoid wrinkles, and even reverse skin damage. Some of the most promising products available in the market today are listed below.
• LifeCell Anti-Aging Cream. Popularly known as the topical alternative to Botox, LifeCell Anti-Aging Cream is based on the work of skin scientists cited the Nobel Prize winning breakthrough in skin care. The product contains antioxidants including the “super-antioxidant”, Ubiquinone, which helps skin fight aging and protects it from the skin damaging effects of free radicals; Acetal hexapeptide-3 which makes skin more elastic and wrinkles less visible; Deanol, which is a powerful skin and muscle firming compound; and, Ascorbyl palmitate, a Vitamin C derivative which helps skin fight inflammation, contains natural astringent properties that help lighten dark spots, and provides UVA and UVB protection.
The product, which costs less than $200, claims noticeable improvement in the appearance of aged skin in merely 20 seconds after the first application. Long-term use results to improved appearance of skin-damaged wrinkles, crow’s feet, dark under eye circles, and lips. Aside from reversing signs of skin aging, LifeCell Anti-Aging Cream promotes ultramoisturization of skin to protect skin from aging.
• Revitol Anti-Aging Cream. At just around $40 a bottle, your skin can benefit from the anti-aging effects of Revitol Anti-Aging Cream. This product is infused with Argireline, a natural peptide that signals the skin to produce more collagen to aid in skin repair and restructuring; hyaluronic acid, which aids skin in capturing and locking in moisture, and also works in binding collagen fibers; matrixyl 3000, primarily consisting of palmitoyl oligopeptide and palmitoyl tetra peptide 7, which help lift and firm up the skin; and, primrose oil which contains Omega-6 essential fatty acids that promote skin moisture. Revitol Anti-Aging Cream(revitol.com) may be just the product you need if you’re looking for natural ingredients to help keep your skin fight dryness and reverse moderate signs of skin aging.
• SkinCeuticals Retinol. Retinol remains to be the only widely-studied anti-wrinkle active ingredient With this product, costing lower than $100, you can be certain to obtain better appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Take care, however, in using retinol-containing products as these can easily irritate skin. SkinCeuticals Retinol is available in different retinol formulations and remember that just because a minimal amount of retinol worked for you, more would mean better. It is possible your skin may not be able to tolerate high levels of retinol or tolerate it at all, and end up causing you skin irritations and allergies. Always use broadspectrum sunscreen when using this product.
• StriVectin TL Anti-Aging Duo. At just about $100, this anti-aging cream contains NIA-114 molecule which tightens and lifts skin, and improves collagen production. This trademark ingredient is combined with skin moisturizers and tighteners that include peptides, algae extract, cumingii leaf extract, pullulan, and sorghum.
• Olay Regenerist. Having gained reputation for great value for money, Regenerist is Olay’s full range of anti-aging products consisting of wrinkle creams, under eye serums, dark spots lightening creams, to name a few, each available under $50. Active ingredients include niacinamide, also known as Vitamin B3, which strengthens skin’s moisture barrier and speeds up skin resurfacing; amino-peptides, known to promote skin moisture and collagen production; Vitamin D5 which promotes overall skin health; and, petrolatum, or petroleum jelly, which smoothens rough and dry skin, and protects skin from damage as well.
When it comes to skin care, it doesn’t matter whether the product you are religiously feeding to your skin is $5 or $2,000, what’s important is that it contains ingredients proven scientifically to prevent and reverse signs of skin aging. Be smart! Always read the label and do your own research. Products may work differently for different people. Visit official product pages and you might just be qualified to avail of a free product trial so you don’t spend a single penny to evaluate the product yourself. Get more info about anti aging reviews on consumerhealthdigest.com.