Today, Comcast launches the new X1 Platform across Colorado—a cloud-based video platform with apps, social media tools and second-screen integration
Imagine waking up to a TV personalized with all the information and entertainment needed on one screen: traffic, weather, voicemail, Facebook, Pandora, sports scores and recommended shows and movies based on previous activity.
- TV search engine – results from live TV, XFINITY On Demand or the DVR by searching a show or movie title, genre or actor name
- Remote app – control the TV through motions, gestures, and voice commands using the X1 Remote App
- Recent programs – view the nine programs recently watched for easy access
- Recommended programs – receive recommendations for shows and movies based on past viewed programs
- More from the DVR – watch recordings in any room or start and finish a program from separate rooms, record four shows at once and have 500 GB of storage capacity
- TV apps – receive weather and traffic updates, listen to music on Pandora or share thoughts on Facebook with the apps available on TV
- TV sports app – this deserves its own category because the sports app can track multiple games at once and check the latest scores and standings, all while watching a show or movie
To learn more about the X1 Platform, go to: www.comcast.com/x1. X1 was released earlier this year in Colorado Springs prior to the statewide launch.