The thought that customers are only looking for a great deal is incorrect. Customers are interested in more. If a business only puts it's attention on price, it will be missing the chance to address what creates a great service experience in the mind of it's customers.
Five elements customers see as a great experience are:
- Going the extra mile. Show a commitment to exceeding the customer's expectations. Customers want to know you are aware of their wants and needs and they will readily tell their friends.
- Focus on what value means to the customer. Know your competitors and the marketplace. Match your offerings to your target customers better than anyone else.
- The customer's feedback counts. Create strong, trusting relationships with your customers. Ask for communication and feedback.
- Be the expert. Find out everything you can about how to deliver great customer service. Make improvements where necessary.
- Friendly and knowledgeable employees. Empower employees with the tools, training, and support they must have to deliver excellent service consistently.