The Acura ZDX sold only 361 units in the United States last year, earning it the dubious distinction as the worst-selling vehicle of 2013 on Autoblog's annual list of poor performers, which was released yesterday.
The $51,000 luxury crossover has been discontinued in the United States for 2014 after years of weak sales. Acura announced last year it would pull the plug as the brand "sharpens its focus on new models and core products" going forward.
The vehicle was first rolled out in late 2009 and has sold just 6,000 units since its introduction.
Year by year sales:
- 2009 - 79 units
- 2010 - 3,259 units
- 2011 - 1,564 units
- 2012 - 775 units
- 2013 - 361 units
The annual Autoblog list of low sellers excludes vehicles priced over $100,000 and those which were discontinued during the year. This filtering ensures that super-cars and extreme luxury vehicles do not flood the ranks of the under-performers.
NOW READ THIS…
- Netflix releases new trailer for 'House of Cards' season 2
- Watch Steve Ballmer's bizarre 'goodbye' speech to Microsoft employees
- Netflix: 'Orange is the New Black' is our most successful original show
- Enjoy this disturbing video of Bill Gates dressed as Austin Powers
- Review: 'Moone Boy' is a delight