One of the many items in our swag bags at September's 2014 Toyota Corolla Regional Product Press Preview in Seattle was a customized iPod shuffle. Not only did the small Apple product have a Toyota Corolla stamp on the back, it was loaded with a selection of Seattle's "most iconic musical artists and talented new artists on the scene."
Toyota gave it to the attending writers and bloggers in hopes of "enhancing our exploration of Seattle" while driving new Toyota Corollas throughout the city and beyond.It was also a natural tie-in to the event, since we had an opening reception at Seattle's EMP Museum the first evening of the two-day press preview.
OK, I didn't listen to my iPod shuffle while I drove, as I get a bit nervous driving somebody else's brand new car. But I did tune in on the ferry ride home, and thought it was an entertaining round-up. I was also happy that the lone musician from my generation, Jimi Hendrix, was only one of two artists represented with two songs!
Sounds of Seattle | 2014 Toyota Corolla Press Preview Playlist
- Alice in Chains - Man in the Box
- Allen Stone - Celebrate Tonight
- Band of Horses - No One's Gonna Love You
- Death Cab for Cutie - The Sound of Settling
- A Fine Frenzy - You Picked Me
- Fleet Foxes - White Winter Hymnal
- Foo Fighters - Best Of You
- The Head And The Theater - Lost in my Mind
- Hey Marseilles - Rio
- Iron & Wine - Flightless Bird, American Mouth
- The Jim Hendrix Experience - Fire
- The Jim Hendrix Experience - Are You Experienced?
- Macklemore - And We Danced (w/Ziggy Stardust)
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - Can't Hold Us (w/Ray Dalton)
- Modest Moust - Float On
- Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit
- Pearl Jam - Jeremy
- The Postal Service - Such Great Heights
- The Sonics - Have Love Will Travel
- Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun