Skip to main content
  1. Life
  2. Society & Culture
  3. Social Issues

What are the economic cultures in America

See also

Economic cultures can be heavily influenced by management status or job class cultures. This is because those cultures have an inherent income level associated with them in general. They are not fully enveloped by management status or job class culture as economic cultures will traverse other cultures.

An unusual aspect of the economic culture is that although the characteristics of culture members seems to be the same across distinctions, membership is defined locally. For example, affluence is determined by a local economy when locals are determined to be upper crust and nationally for another determination. Consider that what is affluent in Ethiopia is not affluent in Dubai even though members of both locations will act and react similarly.

Several groups have tried to change the names of the subcultures of the economic cultures by dividing the population into the top 1% and the remaining 99%. This over simplification of economic cultures seem to be more driven by political interest in by actual behavior. Even though the top 1% may think, act and react to situations similarly it is unreasonable to say the entire 99% of the remaining population shares the same thoughts, actions and reactions.

Predominant subcultures:

©2014 Max Impact, used with permission.

Diversity resources:

Learn more about today’s generations:

Advertisement

Related Videos:

  • Is the Russian dashcam motorcycle acrobat video a hoax?
    <iframe width="600" height="450" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7vd_OuqUAaI?rel=0?rel=0&amp;VQ=HD720&amp;allowfullscreen=true&amp;autoplay=1"></iframe>
  • Tom Cruise takes the ice bucket challenge for ALS
    <div class="video-info" data-id="518259661" data-param-name="playList" data-provider="5min" data-url="http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=1304&width=480&height=401&playList=518259661&autoStart=true"></div>
  • Taylor Swift dazzles fans with 'Shake It Off'
    <div class="video-info" data-id="518376476" data-param-name="playList" data-provider="5min" data-url="http://pshared.5min.com/Scripts/PlayerSeed.js?sid=1304&width=480&height=401&playList=518376476&autoStart=true"></div>