This western apple oven cake is a quick and easy way to enjoy an elegant breakfast, because it cooks all at once in the oven. Add some scrambled eggs and a cup of herbal tea for a satisfying light breakfast.
The ease of this dish combined with it's simple ingredients, rustic presentation, airiness, and sweet apple filled pancake flavor, also makes for a beautiful dessert. In fact, this is one of the quickest and easiest desserts that you can whip up in 30 minutes.
The allure of this apple oven cake is that you most likely have all of the staple ingredients on hand, making this recipe definitely a keeper. You will need an oven safe pan for this, such as a cast iron pan. If you don't have a cast iron pan, you can transfer the ingredients to an oven safe baking dish. So get ready to wow your family and friends with this easy, tasty treat.
Western apple oven cake
- 3 tablespoons of butter
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 large apple, sliced (peeling is optional)
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of milk or soy milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Put the butter in a large cast iron fry pan and melt over high heat.
- Add the brown sugar and cinnamon combining it with the butter.
- Add the apple slices and cook until it starts to soften, about 3 minutes. Remove from the flame and set aside.
- Whirl together in a blender the eggs, salt, flour, and the milk.
- Add this mixture into the cast iron pan.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes, until puffed and brown.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the vanilla and sugar.