The Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers, the foreign mission society of the U.S. Catholic Church, is seeking an audit and financial compliance manager. The position, located in northern Westchester County, monitors and ensures timely identification and compliance with evolving accounting guidance and provides U.S. GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles) interpretation.
The position serves as primary contact for external auditor or other outside consultants in the coordination of annual audit of the Maryknoll Society along with trusts, MCI (Monetary Conditions Index) and the quarterly review of activities of external auditors or outside consultants. The manager will implement and maintain reporting procedures to comply with internal control requirements. The manager will ensure accounting policies and procedures are followed, and will communicate any internal control deficiencies or areas of risk to the director of accounting and the internal auditor.
The manager will act as the project manager for technology system initiatives undertaken for accounting, and the candidate will participate in other accounting projects or initiatives that require accounting expertise.
The following requirements are essential for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting and a minor in I.T. preferred.
- Not-for-profit experience preferred. Professional designation CPA required.
- Five to 10 years industry and management experience.
- Experience in designing, implementing and auditing financial processes, systems and controls.
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, auditing standards and business process analysis required.
- Knowledge of non-profit accounting desirable. Excellent analytical, project management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to complete job responsibilities with minimal assistance and the ability to identify when help is needed.
- Able to work in team environment and must be comfortable in working in a results-oriented environment requiring overtime (on an as-needed basis) and the meeting of fixed deadlines.
The Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers offer an outstanding work environment, opportunities for career development and competitive benefits. Maryknoll is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
Interested and qualified applicants should forward a resume to Human Resources Department, Maryknoll Fathers and Brothers, PO Box 302-AFCM, Maryknoll, NY 10545. Email: HR@maryknoll.org . Fax: 914-944-3617.