On Friday, June 27 through Sunday, June 29, Atlantic Outboard at 475 Boston Post Road in Westbrook, Conn. will host its 3rd Annual “Westbrook Inshore Open” Striper and Fluke Tournament. There is still time to enter for a fun-filled weekend of fishing and excitement for all, including a kids fishing division.
The $30 entry fee gets you a 3rd annual “Westbrook Inshore Open” exclusive T-shirt, catered dinner at the awards banquet, AND you will be automatically entered to win more than $2,500 worth of great raffle prizes! The awards banquet dinner will be held on Sunday, June 29 at 2:00 p.m. Trophies and raffle and door prizes will be handed out at that time.
Children enrolled in the DEEP Youth Fishing Passport Program fish for free! This program is designed to connect youth and their families with the many excellent fishing opportunities found across Connecticut. Youths can register for the program and get more information at: www.ct.gov/deep/yfp
Each angler will be provided with a tournament card and entrant number, and his or her fish must be photographed with the tournament card visible.
Tournament rules for the “Westbrook Inshore Open” include:
· All anglers must have a Connecticut Saltwater Fishing license, and obey all Connecticut and local fishing and boating regulations;
· Catch must be slot size 28-inches through 36-inches;
· Fish must be measured, photographed with the Tournament card in background, weighed, and released;
· Fish are measured from the v-notch of tail to closed mouth;
· Fish must be entered in the angler’s log;
· There is no limit on how many fish can be entered;
· When using baited hooks, non-offset circle hooks must be used;
· After all anglers’ logs are turned in each day, the target length and weight will be announced.
· The target length and weight will be different on both days of the tournament. The fish closest to that target will be the first place winner, with the next closet the second place, third place, and so on;
· Overall winner will be the angler who has the closest fish to the target over the combined tournament days, which begins Friday June 27th at noon to through Sunday June 29th at noon; and
· The angler with the largest fluke will determine the winner of the Fluke division. Fluke must be measured and photographed with the tournament card in the background and weighed.
Entrants may sign up for the “Westbrook Inshore Open” now through Saturday, June 28th at 12 noon. To register or get more information, contact Evan Cusson at Atlantic Outboard at 860-399-6773 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more tournament information, visit www.atlanticoutboard.com