In what can only be seen as some of the least shocking news of the year, the Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket the funeral of actor Paul Walker. According to the NY Daily News on Dec. 3, 2013, the WBC is planning to picket the funeral of the 40-year-old Walker who just died in a fiery crash in California.
WBC has already said that "He's in Hell."
Known for picketing military funerals - and just about anything else - with anti-gay messages filled with hate, the WBC does not believe that Paul Walker was doing what he should have for "His Creator."
"Paul served himself & the gods of this world (money, fame, excess of riot, etc.) while refusing to serve His Creator & use his platform to encourage his neighbors to do the same. He's in Hell & Westboro will #PicketFuneral"
That is just a couple of the tweets posted by a representative of the Westboro Baptist Church.
Fans came to the defense of Walker though. They started spouting back at the WBC that Paul Walker took a lot of time and used plenty of his money for charity work, helping others, and even founding his organization called Reach Out Worldwide.
None of that matters to the WBC though as they already have their minds set and are usually right on the popular moment of things when it comes time to announce their picketing plans.
Here are just some of the picketing marches and protests that the WBC has done in the past couple years:
- Westboro Baptist Church plans to protest any services for Ryan Dunn of Jackass
- Westboro Baptist Church will 'super-picket' Colorado massacre memorial service
- Westboro Baptist Church plans to picket Boston Marathon victims' funerals
- Roger Ebert funeral protest: Westboro Baptist Church to protest critic's funeral
- Westboro Baptist Church plans to protest Elizabeth Taylor's funeral