Skip to main content

See also:

West Florence Firemen rescue pooch choking with his head caught in bars

Firemen came to the rescue of one curious little dog.
Firemen came to the rescue of one curious little dog.West Florence Fire Rescue

A Florence, South Carolina dog is happy to have had the undivided attention of the West Florence Fire Department on Wednesday afternoon, after the curious pooch became stuck in between the bars of a gate commonly screwed into the wall of homes to keep pets out of a specific area reported carolinalive.com. It seems no one informed the pooch of the gate's intention.

The dog owner called 911, and firemen responded to the Tanager Drive residence. The dog had his head so wedged in that he was reported to have been choking. It took the firemen about ten minutes to free the little guy, according to Captain Anthony Fox.

In order to protect the safety of your dogs, make sure your dog can't get his head between the bars of the gate. That accident could have proven to be fatal; a good lesson and warning for everyone who may use similar products.

The dog was unhurt and happily returned to his owner.

Great work West Florence Fire Department, and thank you for always willing to help humans and animals.

If you would like to continue receiving the latest news on pet issues and how we can help those who cannot speak, please click the "Subscribe" icon.

Follow the National Pet Rescue Examiner on Facebook by clicking here. Please visit and "like" my page. You are welcome to submit story ideas by contacting me at cdhanna9703@aol.com.